What is GO Feature Flag?
GO Feature Flag is a simple, complete and lightweight feature flag solution 100% opensource.
The solution has been built to start experiencing the usage of feature flags in your code without having to contract with any vendor.
GO Feature Flag has started to be a solution only for the GO language, but with the new standardisation of feature flags by Openfeature project,
now the solution is available for multiple languages (
If you are not familiar with feature flags, also called feature toggles, you can read this article from Martin Fowler where he explains why this is a great pattern.
I've also written an article which explains why feature flags can fasten your iteration cycle.
What can I do with GO Feature Flag?
- Storing your configuration flags file on various locations (
Kubernetes, see full list).
- Configuring your flags in various format (
- Adding complex rules to target your users.
- Use complex rollout strategy for your flags :
- Exporting your flags usage data (
file, see full list).
- Getting notified when a flag has been changed (
- Use GO Feature Flag in several languages.